Friday, January 29, 2010

I will fight the fight and keep defying..

This week, I've actually been able to inspire myself to stick with this. I know the road I'm on now will be challenging, but the hardest things in life are the things that are actually worth something. So it goes without saying that trying to massively improve my life will be a fight to end all fights. But I will win. I'm determined. I was dejected last week after only losing .8, but instead of just giving up like I normally would, I got angry and it lit a fire under me. I was determined to work out more and be anal about what I ate. It was not as hard as I thought it would be, and it paid off tremendously this week. I got to Weight Watchers, praying that I managed to lose two pounds, so that I could bring my weight loss tally up to 5 pounds, but imagine my surprise when I got on that scale and the lady smiled and gave me two thumbs up, then whispered "you lost 6.2 pounds this week." I was in shock and truthfully I almost cried. I thought she meant 6.2 pounds total, but she said, "No, 6.2 just this week" That brought my previous total of 3.8 to a beautiful 10...I managed to lose 10 pounds in my first month of this 'mission'. When I told my friends, their responses were that they were so proud of me and that I've inspired them to stick with their goals. Knowing that I've inspired people has inspired me. It's the most beautiful feeling to have accomplished a goal you set out for yourself and have people say it inspired them.

For the first time in a very long time, I actually believe in myself.

Weight loss tally: -10

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment