Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm stronger than I ever thought that I would be

Am I the only one that finds Stronger by Britney Spears extremely motivating??

So, reading through the last six blogs I've already posted, they left me feeling depressed. I'm over writing about how sad being overweight has made me. I'm ready to move onto writing about how happy I am that I've finally committed to making a change. Throughout this WLJ (weight loss journey) I plan on finding not only smaller clothes that I will fit in, but finding my confidence, finding my inner peace, and mostly finding myself. I feel like the real Leanne is buried under all of this fat and she's just itching to come out.

Things I've learned today:

Be good to yourself.
Persistence, NOT perfection.
If you have the heart, the mind and body will follow.

I just got back from my weight watchers weekly meeting feeling rejuvenated and re-motivated. I CAN do this, heck I AM doing it. I'm in my sixth week at weight watchers and I've managed to lose 12.4 pounds. As each pound drops I'm feeling more confident in myself, I know I can do it and those results are just justifying that belief.

I'm no longer looking at how miserable I was/am I'm looking forward. I'm looking forward to walking into any clothing store, trying on beautiful clothes, and putting them back not because they didn't fit or look good, but because I couldn't afford them. I'm looking forward to having my social life back and not being anxious about going out because I'm worried people are constantly judging me. I'm looking forward to not being scared to talk to boys OR anyone new in general, not trying to shrink into myself for fear someone tries to include me in a conversation.

I will never be the weight I was six weeks ago, I will never be that unhappy about myself. I will never not take care of myself again. I AM important, I AM worth something, and it's time other people see that.


Basically you get the point, I'm looking forward.

Because from where I am right now, what's to come in my life is so much better than anything I could find from looking in the past.

2 comments:

  1. First, I love Britney Spears. And Stronger gets me through the week.

    Second, postivity is always gonna work wonders. Confidence is key and there's no point (haha, point) in looking back, when there is so much in front of you.

    Keep it up. 10 lbs in 6 weeks is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you!!!!

    I know confidence is a vital part of this WLJ, but that's the major thing I need to work on. And lately I have been working on it.

    Thank you for commenting, it made my day, erm...night!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete