Thursday, February 18, 2010

Something has changed within me, something is not the same...

So, I had my weekly WI at weight watchers earlier this evening and the results from the scale are AMAZING. I managed to lose 4.4 pounds this week bringing the grand total up to 16.8!!!! I've lost 16.8 pounds in 7 weeks! After I get to -20, I think I'm going to try to slow my weight loss down a bit so I can tone as I lose. When my dad gets home from work later tonight, I'm begging him to reactivate my gym membership, because I've been dying to get on the Elliptical and get some weight training in.

When I put my results on twitter one of my followers and fellow WW member asked what my secret is, and while I really don't have any magic trick up my sleeve to keep losing weight every week,I've decided to write a blog(s) about what I've done so far in my weight loss journey (including favorite low calorie foods, excersice, etc).

While weight watchers prides themselves on giving you room to be flexible, I'm a creature of habit and comfort, so I basically eat most of the same foods everyday. I know someday I'll get tired of them, but WW is teaching me how to be able to branch out in a healthy way that will blend with my new lifestyle..I'm just not there yet. I don't trust myself yet to not binge on fast food, chocolate, etc.

So here are some of my low calorie/point staples that get me through every week:

Apple Jacks
1 cup
calories: 100
fat grams: 0.5 g
fiber: 3 g

100 calorie Multigrain english muffins
1 muffin
calories: 100
fat grams: 1 g
fiber: 1 g

Sugarfree Grape Jam
1 tbsp
calories: 10
fat grams: 0 g
fiber: 0 g

Nature's Own Sandwich Thins (seriously I would be in trouble without these bad boys)
1 sandwich thin
calories:100
fat grams: 1 g
fiber: 5 g

Jennie-O Lean Savory Turkey Burgers (I could eat these babies every day and never get sick of them..they are like food from the gods..for me at least)
1 patty
calories: 160
fat grams: 9 g
fiber: 1 g

Fiber One 90 calorie chocolate bars
1 bar
calories: 90
fat grams: 2 g
fiber: 5 g

The Skinny Cow Strawberry Shortcake ice cream sandwich
1 sandwich
calories: 140
fat grams: 2 g
fiber: 3 g

The Skinny Cow low fat Fudge bar
1 bar
calories: 100
fat grams: 1 g
fiber: 4 g

I'm also constantly stuffing my face with fruits and vegetables every day. And water has become my best friend...I haven't had soda of any form since New Years eve. If you can't imagine yourself downing at least 6 glasses of water everyday, I find that Crystal light flavor packets make it easier..and they're only 5 calories a packet!

This blog has basically been super formal and longer than I anticipated..I promise the next one won't be as boring. I think next blog I'll list my favorite workout songs and my favorite workouts I do every week, or want to do in the coming weeks.

Oh, and I've decided to start posting my results by putting my original weight up here and then my weight after my weigh in. This is really humbling and humiliating for me. I know I'm not that weight anymore, but the fact that I was EVER the weight I used to be is mind blowing. Here's to hoping to NEVER see that number again.


12/31/2009
weight: 260
BMI: 39.5

2/18/2010
weight: 243.2
BMI: 37.0

5 comments:

  1. It's Maddie! Oh my God, girl, this is super inspiring. Yes, I just said "super". I takes some seriously brass balls to put your weight on here. I would never dream of doing that. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha so i have brass balls?! i knew something felt heavier down there ;)

    and thank you!!!! i'm glad my ramblings are SUPER inspiring!

    i missssss you little monster :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jas!
    I am SOOOO proud of you!
    I know I keep saying that,
    but really,
    I think sometimes you just need to hear it.

    I've got to get as motivated as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.

    I feel like we'd be best friends if we lived near each other. Just sayin. Also, love the Wicked. :)

    And, I didn't find your blog to be all rambling at all.

    Anyways, you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgia:: n'aw thank you beautiful georgia! and you're trying and being persistent about that and that counts so i'm proud of YOU!!! :)

    Kaitlyn:: even though we live far away we can still be bff's ;) haha i have friends in georgia and other places. I'm glad you don't find my blog to be rambling because I just write whatever pops into my crazy head. And I find you quite amazing as well my dear!

    ReplyDelete