Thursday, January 7, 2010

The beginning...

You know those girls at the parties who love to be the center of attention? The ones who dance with everyone, wear slightly scandalous outfits, and don't care who see them? That's not who I am.

Now, do you know the girls sitting against the wall? The ones trying to shrink into themselves for fear of someone seeing or even approaching them? They're more down my alley.

It's not that I like being the 'wallflower' type, it's just that I lack this key element that's holding me back from being the first type of girl I described: CONFIDENCE. I'm tired of being scared to be myself, and scared to put myself out there because I fear being made fun of because of my weight. I'm tired of not being able to wear the cute clothes because they either A.) don't fit me or B.) look stupid on me. I'm tired of being ashamed/disgusted of what I look like. And I'm tired of just not being happy about myself.

So, this year I decided enough is enough. I'm going to Weight Watchers and so help me I'm going to stick to it and succeed. And maybe for once be happy with myself in the process.

This blog will follow my progress in my weight loss journey (also nicknamed mission:mollie for Mollie King of The Saturdays...she's my motivation icon). I'll either be updating this every day or after every Weight Watchers meeting.

One of my best friends, Mariah aka Georgia, came up with the title of my new blog "Lost & Found" and she described it as this:
"Lost & Found, like losing weight and unhealthy habits and finding your self confidence"

:)

2 comments:

  1. i'm excited for your mission
    i feel exactly the same way you do
    you've put into words the way i feel in a way i couldn't

    im here for you throught out your mission and always
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOu

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're on the mission togetherrrrrrr tori!!!
    :)
    and i love love love you!
    and thanks for being there for me!

    ReplyDelete