Sunday, April 4, 2010

On the horizon, as the morning breaks...I can see a brand new day that's full of new mistakes.

This weekend has been full of a lot of temptations for me. I spent Thursday-Saturday at my aunt's house and whenever my family gets together, the house turns into Yummy Food City and I used to be the mayor of it, content to eat everything that was in front of me just because it was all so dang good. But this year I was more than happy to just be a tourist visiting for a few hours.

On Good Friday we have a tradition of boiling crawfish and crabs...which I don't eat, so no worries there. And we also have...temptation #1: stuffed artichokes. These babies are one of my top 5 favorite foods EVER, so you know there was no way I was passing it up. I looked up the points value for one beforehand and simply adjusted my day's worth of eating so I could have one. Seriously, it was so worth it, I can still taste it just by thinking about it.

Since my nanny won't be here for my birthdaylater in April, she lives in Houston, and my sister's birthday was this last Thursday, we had our birthday celebration on Good Friday with my nanny. And that brings in temptation #2: Red Velvet cake...my mouth watered just typing that. I had gone back and forth all day trying to decide if I wanted a little piece or not. By the time I was cutting everyone's pieces I had decided to pass on the cake, so I wouldn't feel guilty about indulging a bit over my real birthday weekend. :) Truth be told, I did have a little taste of the icing off the plate the cake was on...mmm.

Temptation #3: Easter. Over the past few weeks I would flip flop from telling my mom to just get me a couple pieces of candy to just not giving me anything at all. I quickly nicked the second option, because I didn't want to feel like I was depriving myself of anything. So the easter bunny filled my little basket with weight watcher friendly treats.



Nerd's Rope
whole rope
calories: 90
fat: 0
fiber: 0

Mamba fruit chews
per 6 pieces
calories: 100
fat: 1 g
fiber: 0

Tootsie pops
1 pop
calories: 60
fat: 0
fiber: 0

Necco wafers
1 roll
calories: 220
fat: 0
fiber: 0

I went shopping yesterday and got a really cute dress from Target, so I put it on and took a progress picture to post on here.




I know I've been neglecting my poor blog, so here's my vow to stay on track from now on. I was really sick last week, so for the first time...I skipped my weigh in this past Thursday.
But never fear...here are my results from the Thursday before that.

12/31/09
weight: 260
BMI: 39.5

3/25/10
weight: 228.6
BMI: 34.8

I've lost 31.4 since January and I'm 8.6 pounds away from my goal of having lost 40 pounds by my 21st birthday. Anyone think I can lose 8.6 in 2 weeks? Seems a bit impossible to me, but I'm going to try really hard anyway! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment