Monday, April 19, 2010

Go girl, it's your birthday!

12/31/09
weight: 260
BMI: 39.5

4/14/10
weight: 220.8
BMI: 33.6

This past weekend was my 21st birthday and I had made a deal with myself that from Thursday-Sunday I wasn't going to count what I was eating and just enjoy my 21st. My view is that those 4 days are only FOUR days out of an entire year where I let loose on my weight loss journey, so no harm no foul right?

Thursday evening I drove up to Baton Rouge to go dress shopping and bring in my birthday with my bestest friend Amanda.


Birthday dress #1


Birthday dress # 2


I hadn't eaten hardly anything leading up to dinner, so it was safe to say that when 8 o'clock rolled around I was ravenous and just wanted to devour everything in site. We ended up getting Chick fil A and I decided, "Screw grilled chicken and a salad", I really want the fried chicken sandwich and some waffle fries. Words cannot describe how delicious that meal was, and I definitely enjoyed every last bite of it. (When I got home the next day I looked up the points for my meal and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.)

We celebrated my birthday by having some mudslides and then going out at midnight so I could buy my first alcoholic purchase....Abita Purple Haze beer.



Enter Friday, my actual 21st birthday. My mom was a sweetheart and took me and a couple of my friends to dinner...I picked Cucos (a mexican restaurant). We managed to get there during happy hour, so I just HAD to get a double frozen margarita, right? Right. It was so delicious and I rounded out our dinner trip with a make your own burrito, complete with sour cream, mexican rice, and loads of shredded cheese, and chips and queso dip. Yet still managed to only have 2 little bites of the free fried ice cream I got since it was my birthday.



After dinner, me and my friends headed for the hotel room my beautiful best friend Tracie snagged us for my birthday. When I walked into the hotel room, Tracie, Lien, and Vivian had managed to completely cover the floor with black and pink balloons and had streamers hung up in the hallway. It was so beautiful and I was so touched that someone would do all of that for me that I cried. Best.birthday.EVER.


SERIOUSLY, how amazing is that cake and birthday card?!

I managed to stay on point drink wise, limiting myself to 2 drinks, some shots, and one beer. And even got some activity points in by dancing until almost 4 am. :)








Best night ever? Yeah.

Saturday night I went to dinner with my entire family at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. I ordered a Mai Tai..mmm, and we got the spinach and artichoke appetizer, my favorite. It was muy delicioso. Then my mom and I split the chicken ceaser sandwich, it came with fries and you know I attacked those, and each got a side salad. After dinner I went to a friend's apartment just to enjoy some good company with people I loved...a good way to end my birthday weekend.

I may have gone a little overboard on the whole "off weight watchers" for the weekend thing, but I don't regret it at all. I even stepped on the scale yesterday and the damage wasn't as bad as I was dreading it to be. I managed to get myself right back on plan this morning and am bracing myself for a gain this week. You need slip ups every once in a while, no one's perfect and if you put that pressure on yourself to be, it's only going to backfire on you.

2 comments:

  1. I WROTE THIS WHOLE COMMENT AND IT WOULDNT POST

    it said something along the lines of

    you are the cutest birthday girl in history
    im glad you had such an amazing 21st!
    you have such lovely friends and family in your life

    i love love love your birthday dresses
    and your floral lola clutch, wallet like thing
    i want it :)

    and im so glad you enjoyed your weekend and i have no doubt you'll be back on track

    if you ever need some inspiration just callll my name and i'll be thereeee

    mission mollie will be a success
    i loveee youuu!!


    I can't wait for a blog in the summer with my face on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tori,

    I love you with my whole heart!! Seriously, come visit me this summer because I miss your beautiful face!!! PLEASE. And you honestly don't know how much your comments and just attitude keep me motivated!

    I love you gorgeous love muffin!!!

    ReplyDelete