Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dear Leanne,

I'm writing you this letter so when you come across hard times, you can be reminded of how you felt today. You managed to hit a new weight decade today..while reaching your fourty pound milestone along the way. Always remember how fearless and unstoppable you felt today. Don't forget that feeling of accomplishment you felt. How you almost cried because everyone in your meeting clapped really loud and was genuinely excited for your milestone. So many people believe in you...even when you don't believe in yourself.

Remember that no matter how impossible it seems, you CAN and ARE doing this. You've come so far. Do you really want to go back to being the girl you used to be? The girl you left behind about thirty five pounds ago? The one who made excuses until she was blue in the face, all because she didn't want to leave the house? The one who had to fake her happiness when she was around the people she loved? The girl who never felt comfortable in her skin? The girl who didn't even feel like a girl, at all?

I know throughout your weight loss journey thus far you've constantly doubted yourself. But look at how far you've come. You're actually able to run for three minutes straight four times and you only slightly feel like you're going to die. You actually like shopping now, and own more dresses than you ever thought you would. You expose your arms IN PUBLIC, which still shocks you to this day. You laugh more. And you cry less.

Last weekend you were walking to a store with your mom and she turned to you and said, "Doesn't being healthy feel good?" Remember that when you're really craving Burger King. Remember that when you'd rather sleep then work out. Just...remember that.

Also, constantly remind yourself that you are worth it. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to live your life, instead of hiding in the shadows. You ARE worth everything you ever dreamed of. No more skipping out on fun activities because you're scared of people commenting on the 'poor fat girl' that's embarassing herself. No more not going places because you're afraid your weight will restrict you.

Quit selling yourself short. You have so much to offer and this is only the beginning. Push yourself and you'll constantly be surprised by your own strength.

I'm through accepting limits 'cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change, but till I try, I'll never know!

--Wicked, Defying Gravity



12/31/09
weight: 260
BMI: 39.5

4/29/10
weight: 219.6
BMI: 33.4

4 comments:

  1. <3

    Seriously, I'm at a loss of words. Like, I'm almost cried reading this (in a good way).

    So proud of you!! <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw don't cry lovely! I just wanted to remember how much I inspired myself that day when I reached that goal.

    And, I was just in a really emotional mood when I was writing this.

    Thank you! And I'm so proud of you girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely proud of you, as well! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so so so much!! Seriously, it means the world to me to have people's support and faith!

    :)

    ReplyDelete