Friday, October 8, 2010

T(rain) E(ndure) A(chieve) M(atter)

12/31/09
weight: 260
BMI: 39.5

10/8/10
weight: 217.2
BMI: 33.0

Moving on..

It's been a long 5 month since I've last updated on my weight loss journey. You can probably guess by now (and by seeing my 11 pound gain) that over those 5 months I struggled to hold on to my weight watchers wagon..sometimes only managing to grasp at it with a fingernail. I only started going back to meetings yesterday and I feel rejuvenated.

Before yesterday I felt like I was spiraling out of control and had lost all hope. But everything's changed now. After just one day of eating right I feel completely in control of my body and I just now realized how much I missed it! :)

On October 2, 2010 I completed my first half marathon after 5 months of insane training with Team In Training (www.teamintraining.org) seriously could not have picked a better group of people to experience this with. My finish time was a whopping 3 hours and 33 minutes...but at least I finished...I even got a shiny medal to prove it!

Finish line photo! Making Gaga proud.. ;)

After being able to tackle such an enormous feat...I feel empowered to anything..even get back on my weight loss journey. Times will be tough, I know. I may want to cry, quit, binge, or all of the above. But one thing is for certain...I will NEVER go back to where I was before this journey began.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so proud of you lee lee
    i have complete faith in you
    forever and always :)

    ReplyDelete