Monday, June 7, 2010

How far would you go to save a life?

In January I started out on a journey to get healthy and find out who I truly am, and four months into this journey I’m fourty-three pounds lighter and so much happier. Now, I’m about to embark on the next phase of this journey by participating in my very first half marathon. Yes, I really am crazy enough to commit to walk and run 13.1 miles in one go, so in October I will be participating in the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon.

I’m training with a beautiful organization called Team in Training (www.teamintraining.org) and I’ve committed to run this half marathon not just for myself, but for the millions of people that suffer every year from Leukemia and Lymphoma. I get to improve my health, while raising money and awareness so that other people can improve and better their lives as well. How amazing is that?

I really want to help make a difference in other people’s lives, but I can’t do it alone. So, I need YOUR help. Please, give what you can…ever bit helps. If you’re not able to lend your financial support, moral support is greatly appreciated as well. I know this leg of my journey is going to be a tough one. But the hardest things in life are the most worthwhile, right?

My fundraising page: http://pages.teamintraining.org/la/diswine10/lfayard

No comments:

Post a Comment